When you’re looking for a hit of inspiration — or, perhaps, just a wee bit of entertainment — it’s always jolly fun to see what advertisers around the world have dreamed up (see what I did there?). Here are 5 great recent commercials from New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, and the UK, courtesy of Ads of the World. Enjoy!
- Heinz Baked Beans. A touching Pixar “Up”-inspired animated short film about a curly-headed boy who is REALLY obsessed with baked beans. (Apparently toast and beans is a thing in New Zealand?)
- Hungry Jack’s. A Burger-King-like chain in Australia pokes fun at the hipster-izing of everything from food to haircuts with an action-packed commercial in which our hero is saved by a Whopper.
- Cerebos Salt. This touching animated short is about a girl in a South African summer who desperately wants snow. Cute, but a big waste of salt, if you ask me.
- Dolmio Sauce. Movie actor Dominic West gets overly action-movie-dramatic in support of a video-game-playing teenager who’s trying to put off coming to dinner. A dramatically funny, over-the-top take on the power of pasta sauce.
- Shreddies Cereal. An absolutely hilarious split-screen commercial showing the difference between a day that starts with Shreddies and one that doesn’t. I’d watch this commercial over and over when it aired on TV or YouTube, just to be sure I caught all the wacky action.
So take a few moments and watch these creative ads, get a take on how the rest of the world markets food, and have a chuckle or two. Cheers!