FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 30, 2014
VantagePoint Anniversary Celebration Benefits a Dozen Nonprofits
Greenville, S.C. — To celebrate its 20th anniversary last October, VantagePoint, a business-to-business marketing agency in Greenville, South Carolina, wanted something beyond a party to commemorate its milestone achievement. “Success is never achieved alone,” says company CEO and President Craig O’Neal. “Without the support of our community, our clients and so many others, we could not have grown into the agency we are today. It seemed only right to celebrate our good fortune by ‘paying it forward’.”
O’Neal and his leadership team decided to form an internal task force to determine how best to commence a community outreach initiative. The task force first polled company associates to identify any existing favorite causes; Meals on Wheels and Operation Christmas Child were on almost every list, and both organizations had local chapters that welcomed the agency’s offer of support. Next, the task force looked for entities that aligned well with VantagePoint’s focus on foodservice and identified the South Carolina Chili Cook-Off Championship, a regional event eager to grow and in need of marketing guidance. Finally, the task force recommended the creation of a “Helping Hands” grant program through which company associates were encouraged to submit requests each month, for up to $150, on behalf of a cause or organization in which they had some personal interest. Since last October, 12 grants have been awarded, impacting organizations from South Carolina all the way to West Africa.
“Working for a company that not only gives back to the community, but also gives employees a voice in what that looks like is something everyone at VantagePoint values,” says Virginia Vanvick, the community involvement task force member charged with coordinating the Helping Hands program. “I’m grateful to be a part of team that understands the impact we can have on those around us.”
VantagePoint’s community involvement initiative has been such a satisfying and successful endeavor that the company has decided to continue its outreach efforts even as the 20th anniversary year comes to an end. Says O’Neal, “True success isn’t measured by dollars in the bank or awards on the wall. What really matters is whether you make the world a better place by having been in it. I hope VantagePoint is around for another twenty years but, more than that, I hope our existence will have made a difference.”
For more information, visit www.vantagep.com.
Beneficiaries of VantagePoint’s 20th Anniversary Community Involvement Initiative
- Center for Developmental Services – Greenville, SC – $150 donation CDS assists families of children with developmental needs in getting the evaluation, treatment, education and support necessary for those children to reach their full potential. It is the only center of its kind in the U.S.
- Cross Bridge Ministries – Mount Pleasant, SC – $150 donation CBM partners with local hospitals to support families facing medical emergencies. Services include housing, child care, meals, counseling, pastoral care and bereavement services.
- Gambia Rising – The Gambia, West Africa – $150 donation that allowed Ousman Manjang to attend 10th grade at Nusrat Senior Secondary School in Kanfing, Gambia GR provides funding for the education of students aged 5 to 26. 100% of donated funds are used for student sponsorship.
- Greenville Humane Society – Upstate SC – $150 donation GHS is a no-kill facility founded in 1937. In 2013, they arranged adoptions for more than 5000 pets.
- Hands On Greenville – Greenville, SC – 13 members of the VantagePoint team spent “HOG Day” painting decks and stairs at a local nonprofit
HOG is a United Way program that matches volunteers with opportunities to make their community a better place to live.
- Happy Hooves Therapeutic Equestrian Center – Marietta, SC – $150 donation for paint and supplies Happy Hooves offers therapeutic riding lessons to children and adults with a range of disabilities.
- Meals on Wheels – Greenville, SC – VantagePoint associates take turns delivering a hot meal every Friday to a route of approximately a dozen people MOW/G delivers a hot meal Monday through Friday to nearly 1500 homebound residents who are unable to prepare a nutritious meal for themselves.
- Operation Christmas Child – Upstate SC –$150 donation to pay for billboard production costs OCC delivers shoeboxes filled with gifts to needy children all over the world. In 2013, nearly 10 million shoeboxes were delivered to children in more than 130 countries. The Upstate SC chapter collected 66,587 boxes.
- Rivertree Singers – Greenville, SC – $150 donation RS is an ensemble of collegiate choral alumni who are passionate about choral music and the opportunity to share its pleasure with others.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Carolinas – Greenville, SC – $150 donation to provide a meal for resident families RMHCC has provided food, housing, comfort and encouragement to families of critically ill children for 25 years
- Ronald McDonald House Charities – Oak Brook, IL – $150 donation Rob Connelly, president of Henny Penny (one of VantagePoint’s clients), ran on behalf of RMHC in the 2012 Chicago Marathon and was their top fundraiser, bringing in more than $600,000. Rob will participate in the Athens Marathon on November 9 on behalf of RMHC; his goal is 262 sponsors to represent the run’s 26.2 miles.
- SC Chili Cook-Off Championship – Belton, SC – VantagePoint associates made 5 gallons of chili for the “People’s Choice” competition The SCCCC is a family-friendly, annual event that determines the SC contender for the International Chili Society’s World Championship Chili Cook-off. All proceeds benefit three area nonprofits.
About VantagePoint Marketing
VantagePoint Marketing is a nationally recognized business-to-business marketing agency with a primary focus on foodservice clients and headquartered in Greenville, S.C. They are ranked nationally on BtoB Magazine’s Top Agencies list, have been honored as Agency of the Year for seven of the past eight years by the Business Marketing Association of the Carolinas, and are sixth on the 2014 list of small/midsized Best Places to Work in South Carolina. Founded in 1993, VantagePoint takes an integrated approach in offering their clients expertise in marketing, advertising, branding, digital and public relations. For more information, visit www.vantagep.com.